Thursday, August 02, 2012

Book Report: You Must Read; This Book

The Book ThiefThe Book Thief by Markus Zusak
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is an extraordinary book -- unlike any I have ever read. The narrator is Death and the story is about a family in a suburb of Munich in World War II. This is not a book I would pick up to read on that description. I read it because our reading group is doing it and I'm glad I did. Somehow, despite the subject matter and the narrator, the book is compelling. One feels oneself a better person after having read it. This is one of the few books that I rate higher than five stars, when the maximum is five.

2 comments:

Forsythia said...

I've added it to my list.( I had a devil of a time proving I am not a robot.) I am now on my third attempt. This time the letters are plain, but the numeral is kinda illegible.

rdl said...

Wow, I have that one on my list, might have to move it to the top. Thanks.