Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What Is Romney Thinking? (Or is He?)

I haven't posted any political diatribes in about four years; but it's that time again. All the pundits are talking about the latest Romney "gaffe" in which he told $50,000 a plate donors his dismissive view of nearly half of Americans.  I don't think it was a "gaffe," I think it was Romney being honest about what he believes.  The fact is what he believes is not only wrong, it's stupid.  The 47% of the American people who are dyed-in-the-wool Obama supporters are not all moochers.  I'm not.  I support Obama and I pay income taxes -- lots of them.  The best discussion I've seen about Romney's comments are by John Cassidy in The New Yorker.  They're worth your while to read.


forsythia said...

The Republicans just get worse and worse. My family-of-origin was Republican for generations. When I registered as a Democrat in 1962, they put it down to delayed teen-age rebellion. If Romney wins, "W" might be the only one who's happy about it because he'll have a good chance of no longer being called the "worst president ever."

rdl said...

enetron 115
I agree 100%. I hate to say it but he is a moron - the things that come out of his mouth are astounding and not in a good way. i would be completely uncomfortable with this man as our president. G-d forbid!! let's all get out there and work for Obama!!

rdl said...

oops enetron 115 me trying to get my the robo check.