Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What Is Romney Thinking? (Or is He?)

I haven't posted any political diatribes in about four years; but it's that time again. All the pundits are talking about the latest Romney "gaffe" in which he told $50,000 a plate donors his dismissive view of nearly half of Americans.  I don't think it was a "gaffe," I think it was Romney being honest about what he believes.  The fact is what he believes is not only wrong, it's stupid.  The 47% of the American people who are dyed-in-the-wool Obama supporters are not all moochers.  I'm not.  I support Obama and I pay income taxes -- lots of them.  The best discussion I've seen about Romney's comments are by John Cassidy in The New Yorker.  They're worth your while to read.

3 comments:

Forsythia said...

The Republicans just get worse and worse. My family-of-origin was Republican for generations. When I registered as a Democrat in 1962, they put it down to delayed teen-age rebellion. If Romney wins, "W" might be the only one who's happy about it because he'll have a good chance of no longer being called the "worst president ever."

rdl said...

enetron 115
I agree 100%. I hate to say it but he is a moron - the things that come out of his mouth are astounding and not in a good way. i would be completely uncomfortable with this man as our president. G-d forbid!! let's all get out there and work for Obama!!

rdl said...

oops enetron 115 me trying to get my the robo check.