Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Mein KampfMein Kampf by Adolf Hitler

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


Why in the world, you might think, would anyone waste their time reading "Mein Kampf."  My reasons were that 1) it was free; 2) I had never read it; 3) I had read a lot about Hitler but never his own words.  The book is chilling in its hatred of Jews.  It is amusing in the naivete of a man who believed that Germans were more pure than other races and that the purity of races was the most important thing for the survival of Germany as a nation.  Yet, it is insightful in furnishing some glimpse of the message that misled so many people and led to so much destruction and death of his supposedly superior race.  I think reading this book was an important part of my education.




1 comment:

Forsythia said...

If there is such a thing as "dessert" after a distasteful book, you should read "In the Garden of Beasts" by Erik Larson.